Delicious Breakfast Delights are House of Omelets Chef Tony Dedaj’s Passion
After moving to Cape Coral from Michigan, Tony and Meri Dedaj opened House of Omelets in January 2013, and the restaurant has been a breakfast hot spot ever since.
With more than 20 signature French-style omelets on the menu, Tony—a seasoned chef and restaurant owner—and his dedicated staff serve up homemade dishes made with fresh, top-quality ingredients. The meat, cheese and veggie-filled four-egg House Omelet is a favorite of Tony’s and his customers.
“I’ve always loved doing breakfast, especially the omelets. I love using all the fresh ingredients,” Tony says.
But, don’t let the name fool you, House of Omelets serves more than just excellent egg dishes. They have an extensive breakfast and lunch menu—including sandwiches, burgers and salads—and most of the generously portioned entrees are less than $10. They also now serve beer, wine, mimosas and bloody marys.
With many regular customers and outstanding reviews, business is booming for House of Omelets. They recently expanded the Pine Island Road location’s dining area and opened a second location in Naples in February.
“We believe a good breakfast is the perfect way to start a great day!”—Tony Dedaj, chef/owner, House of Omelets
The House Omelet
- 4 eggs
- Diced ham
- Diced bacon
- Crumbled sausage
- Diced green peppers
- Diced onion
- + Sliced mushrooms
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Saute the desired amount of ham, bacon and sausage.
- 2. Saute the green peppers, onions and mushrooms.
- 3. Preheat another nonstick skillet over medium heat. Use a little butter to grease the skillet.
- 4. Add the eggs and sauteed meat and vegetables to the preheated skillet.
- 5. Let the omelet cook 30 seconds or until slightly firm and cooked around the edges.
- 6. Now the tricky part: Flip the open-faced omelet over and let it cook another 30 seconds or so.
- 7. Flip the omelet again and add the cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese.
- 8. Fold the omelet over into a half-moon shape and serve.
House of Omelets is located at 900 SW Pine Island Road, #122, Cape Coral, FL 33991 | 239.673.7545 | HouseOfOmelets.com | Open 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily.